Wiwiek Awiati who is usually called Mbak Wiwiek is a graduate of the Bachelor and Postgraduate programs from the Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia (FHUI). In addition, Mba Wiwiek also had the opportunity to take a summer program at the University of Wisconsin Law School as well as a visiting professor at Harvard Law School.
During her career, Mbak Wiwiek was active in civil society activities, she was Director of the Indonesian Center for Environmental Law (ICEL), WALHI National Council, Chief of Board TiFA Foundation, and is currently a member of ICEL’s Governing Body.
Mbak Wiwiek has also been actively involved as a coordinator in the Reform team of the Supreme Court (MA) of the Republic of Indonesia since 2004 and since 2010, has been appointed as an advisor to the team until now.
Mbak Wiwiek is active as a lecturer in Environmental Law, Environmental Law Clinic, Dispute Resolution, Out-of-court Dispute Resolution Clinic, Street Law Clinic at FHUI.
- Contributor to the book Searching for Success in Judicial Reform published by Published by Oxford University Press (2009)
- Opening Space to Bridge the Gap: an overview of access to information, participation and environmental justice in Indonesia (2006)
- Negotiation and Mediation in Mediation and Peace, Supreme Court of the Republic of Indonesia, Jakarta (2004)
- Synergizing the Power of Civil Society in Enforcement of Environmental Law (2003)
- Conflict Transformation in the journal ADR Legal Training Materials, Indonesian Center for Environmental Law (2000)