Matheus Nathanael Siagian, or fondly called Mat, graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia (S-1) in 2020, majoring in Criminal Law. While on campus, Mat was active in the Student Representative Body, Student Executive Board, PERFILMA, LaSALe, and Law’s Art Performers.
In 2018, while completing his university studies, Mat did an internship as a research assistant at the Indonesian Judicial Monitoring Society (MaPPI-FH UI). After graduating in 2020, Mat resumed his career as a researcher in the field of criminal justice reform at the Indonesia Judicial Research Society (IJRS).
To date, Mat has been involved in various legal studies such as research on Restorative Justice in the Criminal Justice System in Indonesia, research on Criminal Policy and Institutional Frameworks in Indonesia, as well as research on Legal Considerations for the Imposition of the Death Penalty. In addition, Mat is also involved as a consultant in the formulation of criminal justice policies in various institutions such as the Supreme Court, Attorney General’s Office, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Kemenkopolhukam, and BAPPENAS.
Mat has been a speaker in several public forums/discussions, including:
- The PERMA 1/2020 socialization event entitled “Criminal Imposition Based on PERMA 1/2020” for judges throughout Indonesia;
- Public Discussion entitled “Critical Study of Guidance for Prosecution 11/2021 on the Handling of Narcotics Cases”.
Bachelor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia
- Research on the Concept of Restorative Justice in the Criminal Justice System in Indonesia;
- Research on Legal Considerations for the Imposition of the Death Penalty in Indonesia;
- R-KUHAP Audit: The Position of the Public Prosecutor as Dominus Litis in the Indonesian Criminal Justice System;
- R-KUHP Audit: Criminal Law Codification System
- Preparation of PERMA 1/2020 concerning Guidelines for the Criminalization of Article 2 and Article 3 of the Corruption Eradication Law;
- Preparation of PERMA 4/2020 concerning Administration and Trial of Criminal Cases in Courts Electronically;
- Preparation of PERJA 15/2020 concerning Termination of Prosecution Based on Restorative Justice;
- Preparation of Guidelines for Prosecution 11/2021 concerning Handling of Narcotics Crime Cases and/or Narcotics Precursor Crimes;
- Preparation of PERMA concerning Procedures for Settlement of Objections to the Decision on the Confiscation of Goods Not Owned by the Defendant in Cases of Corruption Crimes.
- Pocket Book of Regulation of the Supreme Court Number 1 of 2020 concerning Guidelines for the Criminalization of Article 2 and Article 3 of the Law on the Eradication of Criminal Acts of Corruption